Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Looking for moments of joy in all the craziness

It's always so hard, trying to even fit the holidays into all the end-of-year busyness at work, and all the extra traffic, and the rain, and, and.

So I have been taking 10-15 minutes every night to drive around the neighborhood looking at holiday lights and decorations before I go home. And being sure to plug in the tree and turn on the gas fire and the holiday music, even it I am bustling around all evening.

I really support Alicia's post about having a smaller holiday--Susan and I don't exchange gifts anymore, or even necessarily buy a joint present for the house--our present has been our two days away--we are going to Inverness again this year, in the Pt. Reyes Seashore (the same place we went last year).

Love to you all, and to all a good night.

1 Comments:

Blogger jed-laura said...

we saw some crazy lights last night- I posted a video on youtube- the link is in my post above.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home