Sunday, December 13, 2009

Our Tree 2009










When I get up in the mornings, the light shines in on the Christmas tree and it is so pretty, I always think, "I should have Alicia get a picture of that". But this year, in my effort to become more independent and active, I thought, I should get a pictore of that so I grabbed the camera and I even put the pictures into the computer and cropped them, all by myself. Baby step, I know, but I'm kind of proud that i could do it myself.
I tried some of the pictures without the flash to capture the light coming in from the window and then some of them I took some with the flash to show the cool ornaments. Last winter when we when to Anchorage for medical tests right after Christmas, we went out to a remote Walmart and found these cool giant silver and blue ornaments at super clearance prices and then this winter found the tiny one inch size. We have been working on this collection for about 10 years it seems and I think we finally have the perfect mix of small, medium and large.
A little Alaska note : Getting after-Christmas clearance prices doesn't happen in Homer. The Russian community have their orthodox Christmas 7 to 10 days later than western religions, so anything that is left after our Christmas or Easter is then snapped up by the Russians ( who outnumber the rest of us by about 2 to 1) so after holiday sales don't happen down here. There is never anything left to sell.

2 Comments:

Blogger Our son Kade said...

Good job getting the pictures up! You did great - congratulations! :)

11:56 PM  
Blogger jed-laura said...

I never thought about the situation you would have with after Christmas sales up there. That's kind of funny.

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home