Friday, January 09, 2009

Bowl Season Over


So, seeing as I don't have TV, I have to admit to not having actually watched a single bowl game. I keep up with a lot of college football by reading about it online the day or two after. If I really care about the game, I might have ESPN real-time game-tracker on the computer and check the score now and again. Here are some of the highlights (for me at least):
  • BYU lost to Arizona in the Las Vegas Bowl
  • TCU pulled off a slim victory over Boise State
  • leaving Utah the only undefeated in the country (and national champion) with their win over Alabama
  • the Sooners should have won last night and I would have been the winner of the family Bowl Pick 'em Game
and while it is no bowl-season news... BYU will be playing Oklahoma in the Dallas Cowboys brand-new, huge stadium for their season opener next season. We have to hope that BYU doesn't humiliate themselves too much...

So, until another college football season...

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

Well, Paul, you led thru the entire bowl season until the very end. Of course since Brian won he is unsufferable, claims to want to frame the final score card and other such nonsense.

BYU, Utah, and Boise State really messed me up. (sorry Daddy, I didn't have faith that Utah would win and I did have faith in the other 2). I'm very glad that Utah won.

If it makes you feel any better Paul, I have over 250 TV channels and I got to see 10 minutes of the Oregon game and I got to see the Rose Bowl - but I had to really really put my foot down about that one. Brian is really into watching hunting TV full time now.

Next year, I think I'll win - oh, wait, maybe I can win the March Madness !!!!! Love, Charlotte

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home