Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My traditional pre new-years festivities

It's 12:50AM, I just got home of the last BART train from the city. I went with my SIL Linda and nephew Dan to a Phil Lesh and Friends/Bob Wier and Ratdogs double concert. It reminds me of all those pre-New Year shows for the Grateful Dead for years and years. It's easier now--the venues are smaller, and the crowds are smaller, and you don't have to stand on line for so long in the cold. But it's still fun. Susan is always relieved when I find someone else to go with--it's too loud and noisy and crowded for her. But I love it. I love the music, the songs, the mellow crowd, the sense of hope and joy that I always get. It's painful to leave when they will probably play music for another hour, but that's the price of taking BART instead of hassling with driving and parking. Good choice, but painful.

Then tomorrow we will go to our annual brunch with a group of friends, and then we stay home on NYEve usually.

May the new year bring each of you renewed dreams, new love and wisdom, and many many moments of joy. Love to you, Sandra

1 Comments:

Blogger Joanna said...

Glad you got to enjoy it - enjoy the rest of your celebrating.

As of right now we don't have any plans - big New Years bashes don't happen as much with the 2 little guys. Might have friends over for pizza and ice cream - but I have a feeling that will be over by 8-9:00 :)

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home