Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas in Texas.

Well, I'm about to leave work today, and thought I'd spend a second to post some things about our Christmas season so far.

First off, I am sorry that I've been behind on posting much of anything on this blog. I have been so busy with work, and then with freelance work after work. It seems that the freelance projects never come at convenient times for me, but who can say no to paying jobs in today's economy? I know I have a hard time doing so. I finished my freelance work this last monday, and today is my last day at work until the 5th.

I look forward to taking off from work for a week and a half, and spending some time with the girls.

Before I got seriously busy at work I was taking a flash design class to learn some more about website design, and although I've forgotten much of what I learned already, I worked with a coworker to make a short online Christmas card for our family. Paste or type the following link into your web browser to see the card.

http://rhiens.com/Welcome.html

Laura's Dad got into town yesterday, and we are happy to have him staying with us this Christmas. I will probably make some Borscht tomorrow, and we still need to go get a Christmas piniata to break with the girls on Christmas day. Lucky for us, there is a mexican party store just down the road a little that has some sweet looking piniatas.

Laura has planned a turkey dinner for Christmas day itself, and we look forward to going to see a huge toy train exhibit that we saw last year.

We had a very nice weekend spending time with some friends for a waffle brunch on Saturday, and for an early Christmas diner on Sunday with some other friends. It was very nice to have some time with our friends (now that we've moved, they live about 15 minutes from where we do, and we don't see each other as often.

We hope you are all enjoying the season. We hope you all stay safe and warm. We wish that for this one week, we could have a little snow, but alas, this is Dallas we are speaking of. We only get 33 degree rain, and there's plenty of that to go around this week.

We love you all, and hope you are all having a great Christmas season.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Rhiens said...

Hooray! Vacation has begun! Hope you have a great time and a wonderful Christmas. Sounds like you have fun plans.

Love, Mom and Dad

6:38 PM  
Blogger Blake said...

Hooray for the Christmas vacation. I just got onto my vacation today.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home