Thursday, December 18, 2008

Pig and a Goldfish

here's our stockings, with my new tree stocking holders. I've been scoping out holders like this for over a year now, and found these for 75% off - $4! I was excited.
See my half painted wall? We had a counter here, but took it out for the entertainment center (see below). Not the furniture I wanted, but also not $800! :) I had to compromise the one I wanted, for the one I could afford. At least its better than what was there!


Some of the nutcrackers. A couple more are on a side table

We got our tree done today. Our house has been in a state of chaos and mess for a while now, and we kept talking about putting up a tree, and just couldn't take the idea of one more mess to look at or make. So we put it off, and put it off, and then finally we just buckled up, and did some projects we'd been putting off, and cleaned some stuff up, and put some stuff away (sort of, does stuffing it in a closet like area count?) and I said I HAVE to have a tree. So we got our entertainment center set up (We took the dresser from my old bedroom and took it downstairs, and converted it to an entertainment center - works beauty!). And then we were going to get a real tree, but we didn't want it dumping its needles down the back of our tv and our new entertainment center. So I asked Justin to stop at the all purpose store in town and get a short fake tree ($18). Its so cute!! I can't wait to use it for years to come as a second "fun" tree when we have more space. It's a cute tree. My new ornaments for this year were a little glass pig, and a glass gold fish, because the idea of a goldfish on a Christmas tree just made me laugh, same with the pig. So here's our tree for the year. And even as tiny as this tree is - I got most of the ornaments on anyway! Pretty cool.

7 Comments:

Blogger Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

I really need to come down and visit you. Your new center and your decorations look so cute. I'm glad you got a tree. I was worried about you. Love, MOM

12:11 AM  
Blogger The Rhiens said...

Looks great! What a fun little tree. I love the new goldfish and piggy ornaments. Things are looking really nice down there. It is always great to get things organized. The entertainment center looks nice. Have a great holiday season!

Love, Earlene

10:21 AM  
Blogger Blake said...

I wish I'd known you collect nut crackers. I've seen several this year and remarked "I wish I knew someone that collected these, because these are really cool for nut crackers."

1:31 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

Fun to see your decorations Alicia! Glad you got a tree up - it makes a difference huh?

Sending our holiday hugs and thoughts.

Joanna

1:41 PM  
Blogger Our son Kade said...

I can't remember when I started collecting them, I've always thought they were pretty cool, and I loved watching The Nutcracker as a girl, so it probably started then. I love to add new ones every year, last year I got one from "The North Pole", I really did, it was North Pole Alaska, but still the north pole. Its fun.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Glad to see your tree, Alicia. I have some fish on my tree too. No pig though. I do have a pickle, if that helps. . .

Have a great holiday! Love you, Sandra

10:26 PM  
Blogger Grandma Marilyn said...

I love thlle idea of a pig and fish ornament. One of my favorite ornaments was the fish you guys sent me from Alaska.Love grandma Marilyn

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home