Monday, December 15, 2008

It looks a lot Like Christmas here. Great decorations, some outstanding music and the 12 days of Christmas!!Wow! I love it. I am feeling great and having fun.Thanks for all your blogs and additions to the Family Christmas Countdown.

This next is hoot. When my life was down in the pits I took a class on making wooden items on a band saw. I felt so powerful pushing the wood through that baby. That's when I started taking back my life. Well Brian Charlotte,Alicia and Blake must have laughed till they fell on the floor at what I made them for Christmas. I made yard ornaments for them. Bigger than life size geese.!! I think Brian said they weren't going up in HIS yard and I recall some remark about shooting. This was in Oregon. Now looking back they must have wondering What is She thinking?? The were ugly. I made them from a pattern in one of the woman's magazines.
Along that same line I once gave Sandra yards and yards of gold velvet cloth. I have no idea what I had in mind on that either.

Merry Christmas Mother, grandma Marilyn and Marilyn

5 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

And i used that velvet cloth to make a velvet blazer that I wore to the symphony. I eventually sold it (and the extra material) to a friend when I moved from Chicago to NY. That was a long time ago (when I still sewed!). Love you, Sandra

2:18 PM  
Blogger Our son Kade said...

We still have one of the geese! It's under the carport next to the house. They were cute, the've moved all over Alaska with us! Love you. Glad you've got good decorations to look at. love Alicia

3:41 PM  
Blogger Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

We do still have that goose. I have hauled it all over the North West. I have kept it all these years to use it as a pattern to make a bunch of them. We did have them up in our yard in all of our houses - from Joseph to Tok to Anchor point.

In fact the metal animals we have in our yard now are based on the goose idea. We loved them! ! ! And we love you too ! ! ! Love, Charlotte

5:48 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Of course, none of us have mentioned the purple birds with the pheasant feathers coming out their butts. We Whisler girls know what I am talking about. . . As always, I hung it on my tree this year. Love, Sandra

9:37 PM  
Blogger Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

hey - mine wasn't purple, it was teal. Charlotte

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home