Friday, December 12, 2008

I have been thiking of my most favorite gifts from Christmas.

1. A beautiful red coat when I was about five years old. My Mom and Dad stood me up on the bed and thy were so happy and so was I. I have never figured out how Santa came down that
little black chimmney.

2. A set of painting supplies .Oil panits , brushes and a great box to carry every. I thought it was magic and still had it when I moved here to the Villa.

3. Roller skates when I was 8. Then about a month later we moved from San Francisco to a farm 3 years out of the sage brush in Vale Oregon. OH!My! no sidewalkes.

4.We worked very hard on the farm and we all had chores to do. My cousins lived a mile down the road from us. One year for Christmas Day ____only__Our Dads let us take one of the
huge farm work horses and hooked it on to on to the sled used for carrying big cans of milk. My cousins were older and kind of onery and love to tease me. So we just had a big board to sit on and the cousins,my brothers all got on and I was the last one to get a seat on the board. We all went Dashing Thru the snow. Yelling and Laughing all the way! Every time we hit a bump I fell off. All of the others laughed and so did I. 8 eight times I fell off but it was a wonderful day in my life.
Merry Christmas !!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

Thanks so much for sharing these precious memories. I feel close to you. Much love, Sandra

9:44 AM  
Blogger Blake said...

It's always funny what you remember as your favorite Christmas presents. From when I was a kid all I remember is what I got.... As I've grown older, all I remember is what I've given.

I find that odd.

Thanks for sharing :)

10:03 AM  
Blogger jed-laura said...

Thanks Grandma for sharing your favorite gifts. These are fun stories. I can picture you as a little 5 year old beaming in your new coat. It's a fun image.

We love you.
-J

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home