Monday, December 01, 2008

Thanksgiving update from our house

We had a good, if uneventful Thanksgiving. The dinner turned out great, it was nice to have Susan's family with us, the weather was beautiful, we served 14 radishes we harvested from our garden on our relish tray. Friday afternoon we did actually go to our local Target (there's a new store opened in Richmond, and we are trying to shop there as much as possible to keep the sales tax in our town). We scored a wonderful 5-6 qt crock pot for $15! I used it last night to cook up (almost) the last of the turkey with black beans, barley, hominy, carrots and celery, fireroasted green chilis. I also got a chance to paint silk, and that always makes me happy. We were going to put the Christmas tree up, but we didn't. Ah well, later, later, later. . .

Much love to you all,

Sandra

2 Comments:

Blogger The Rhiens said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day...and a peaceful weekend. We thought of everyone over the weekend.

I need to get our trees up soon, too. Or I should say, I WANT to get them up. I just don't want to hvae to deal with putting the lights on the tree. My least favorite part of Christmas. But, if I just get it done, it won't hang over my head. Right?

Maybe tomorrow. Although I have jury duty in the morning. Ugh!

Love ya!
Earlene

3:34 PM  
Blogger jed-laura said...

Paint silk, cool. Sounds like some good food too.
-Laura

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home