Thursday, November 27, 2008

What are the signs that the holidays are coming?
You know? they kind of snuck up on me this year. In fact, I first realized a few days ago that y'all have been posting on here for a while - I had a lot of posts to catch up on.

This is of course our first year in a few not living in Idaho, and the lack of cold/winter weather I am sure is part of not feeling like the holidays quite yet.

The increase in advertising... the city starting to put up their decorations... the Christmas music (which I've been listening to off and on for a week or so now).

One big sign (kind of a funny one) for me... the end of the college football season, and the BYU-Utah game (the discussion of this year's game ends here - sad day). I can start to feel the bowl games coming on.

What are your favorite things about Thanksgiving?
Having time to relax together. Having time off of work.
Being together and visiting and laughing with family.
Playing games or putting together puzzles.
The Macy's Parade - it's not Thanksgiving without
And you can't forget the delicious food that comes just once a year
(among my favorites: pumpking pie, rolls, stuffing, etc.)

And who is shopping where on Black Friday?
We've been combing through the ads, making our lists/plans.
I am sure that we'll hit up Target and Walmart. The store we
don't usually hit on Black Friday, but we will tomorrow is Big 5.
(they have a deal on good Australian wool slippers.)


Well, we're headed out to dinner in just a bit.
Wishing everyone a Great Thanksgiving!

love, Paul, Nicole and Taylor Rhien

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home