Wednesday, November 19, 2008

In need of a really good book.

We've got a tradition that our family has had these past 5 years. We read a book together at Christmas time. We read it outloud in the evenings and on our trip in the car. This year, we haven't yet chosen a book to read, but would like some suggestions of good reads. They don't have to be Christmas oriented necessarily- but they can be. I think past books we've read were Maniac Mcgee, The Bronze Bow, The Christmas Jar, and the Confessions of Charlotte Doyle.

This year, we've thought of expanding our tradition to include one family book, and one that Laura and I read together that's more just for us.

So, let us know your favorite ideas for good literature, and be sure to include some shorter kid-friendly stories too so we can keep Allison entertained as well.

-Jed

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

I'm promoting the Narnia Chronicles this year since I had never read them before. I think they are good as a family and as a repeat because the meaning changes depending on your current station in life.

I'm hoping if enough people read them that I will start getting royalties, so be sure to mention my name to you book store??? :) Love Charlotte

12:36 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

Oh I love The Christmas Jar! What a great book!!!!!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Paul and Nicole Rhien said...

I would suggest Charles Dickens... "Life of our Lord" - a book of letters about the Savior that he wrote to his children.

OR

To Kill a Mockingbird... one of my old favorites.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home