Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Signs that the holidays are coming

This will sound weird, but the panic sign I notice that it is time for Christmas Rush is when they start advertising champagne-like products on TV. We saw the first one tonight and I was like "OH NO - it's time for Christmas shopping." I don't drink champagne-like products, so I don't know why that is my trigger, but Jed or Laura asked so here's my answer.

I think it is because they are advertising mostly for New Year's Partys and obviously, you can't have a New Year's Party until after you have had Thanksgiving and Christmas, Right?

I'm so wanting to be in Hawaii for Christmas this year - good one on you Blake and Johanna. We'll be thinking of you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joanna said...

That is funny! But after I got thinking about it I realized that the big sparkling cider displays around here get me thinking about the holidays too. Now with the "Oh crap - New Years is coming - which is AFTER Christmas" idea I have a feeling it will stress me out a bit more than before :)

Is sparkling cider a big deal outside of Idaho/Utah? I really thought it was all of us non-drinkers who spurred the sparkling cider sales....

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home