Thursday, November 20, 2008

Our BIG Thanksgiving this year

For several years, we have been avoiding the BIG family thanksgivings -- but this year, we were like, what the heck, let's go. So we are going to the Anchor River Inn for thanksgiving. They close the Inn and just have our "clique" from church come over and potluck. Both families of our "grandkids" will be there and they all love "Gramps" soooooooo much, he will get a kick out of being there with them. We are bringing pies and stuffing.

(ps. I used to call them my "imaginary grandchildren" until one day I was visiting my psychiatrist and used that phrase and he started madly scribbling in my file. I said, "WAIT, they aren't imaginary children - they aren't really our grandchildren, they just call us that." One must be careful with phraseology when in conversation with a pyschiatrist. hahahaha )

Nothing tops Brian's pies. He has some secret ingredients he has developed over the years, I just heard about this week as Alicia was unloading the holiday cooking groceries. He and I used to split the pie making with me making all the crusts and he making all the fillings, but now I have turned the crust making over to Alicia --- who is an outstanding baker and fully capable of making much better crust than I do.

There will be at least 35 people there, last I heard. That is a BIG crowd for me, especially since Thanksgiving isn't my favorite holiday, but I think we will have a good time.

1 Comments:

Blogger jed-laura said...

have fun with your "imaginary grandchildren"- hehe.

I could see how that may get you in trouble with a psychologist.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home