Saturday, November 22, 2008

Christmas lights

I know the holidays are coming when I get the yearning to put up Christmas lights and decorations, although this year if I had the money to give the electric company I would have put them up weeks ago. I think the tree that I covered in blue lights will still work this year, so I'll plug that in at least. I chose blue lights after seeing the Temple Square trees last year and all their single color trees. I still really want to make a giant (like 12 foot) snowman frame out of metal, and then cover it in lights. I might still do that. It just sounds fun. I also was cooking for a potluck this afternoon, and had an almost overwhelming urge to make fudge, so I know the holidays are here, I'm not even much of a fudge eater. I like it for about the first 2 hours after I make it, then as soon as it cools I'm done. :) Oh well, still fun to make, and better for my hips if I don't eat it.

Happy travels to everyone, and Happy Thanksgiving! Love you all. Alicia

5 Comments:

Blogger The Rhiens said...

Isn't it funny how there is just that day that comes when you know that it is the day to make fudge. Kinda funny. We don't ever have outside lights, but I put TONS of lights on my indoor trees. In fact it takes me HOURS to get the lights on the trees. Ugh. That's my least favorite part about Christmas decorating.

I wanted to put the trees up before the kids all came, but then I decided that might not be the best idea with Lucy and Taylor coming, so I decided to wait. Although it is still tempting.

Hope everyone enjoys Thanksgiving week.

Love, Earlene

11:47 AM  
Blogger Paul and Nicole Rhien said...

Actually - interesting trivia:

Did you know that blue christmas lights are in honor of our fallen policemen?

Now you know.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

Hmmm.....FUDGE.....Cory has never liked fudge (he's not that into sweets period - darn it!) So if I make fudge without the intent of giving it away - I end up having to eat it all. While that is enjoyable at the time - I don't appreciate how it makes my clothes a little snugger.

Enjoy the fudge and I'd love to see the blue lights - sounds pretty. We're pretty boring with our white lights.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Our son Kade said...

I didn't know that the lights were on honor of fallen policemen, but that's pretty cool! Thanks for sharing. :)

12:38 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

I turned our Christmas lights on for Halloween night, but then I unplugged them again. I will plug them in again on Thanksgiving day. So far I am resisting any new twists this year; trying to avoid new holiday decorations under the "not spending money on things we don't really really need (or at least really really want) category. Love to you, Sandra

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home