Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

It's snowing today, which I think is fantastic for my only day off during Christmas break. Justin and I are working all day everyday, except today, out at the tubing hill. We have 3 "kids" although they're not really kids, working for us, and they are doing a great job, they're all hard workers. So today we're just enjoying a quiet day. Pretty quick I'm going to make some eggnog to go with the cinnamon rolls. Mom mentioned on her blog that we've abandoned some traditions this year, but one that I just could not let go was the Christmas morning cinnamon roll/eggnog breakfast. mmmmmm. Dad made the dough for me, while I was at the tubing hill working yesterday, so then when I came home all I had to do was the finish up work. I appreciated that very much. I'm trying to decide what I should make now to take to the dinner, dad and mom made pies, and a blueberry thing (yummy no bake cheesecake type thing). I'm thinking chocolate pie, but not sure if that's what we'll do.

We opened our presents last night, as usual. It was really fun. We just had a few things. Justin made me the most beautiful jewelry box out of maple, with brass hardware. Then he carved on it, and engraved it with my name, and when it was given and everything. I'll take a bunch of pics, and post them later. And he got me a pink .22 rifle. Its so cute! Its a bright pink, lever action, single shot rifle, and its the cutest thing. Its made by the "Davy Crickett" company, so cute. Its even got a little cricket on the butt of it. Mom and dad got me a couple of cookbooks, and they got us the second Chronicles of Narnia movie. Blake gave us some great truffles, and a game for out Wii. It was really nice. After we opened presents we were watching TV, and there was a show with some classic tractors, and we sat around talking and sharing stories for about an hour, it was really wonderful to just sit and enjoy each other's company - wish we could have that opportunity with everyone, but since we can't, the blog makes a nice substitute.

Well, I better go make eggnog, I'm starving. Merry Christmas everyone. We love you all very much, and hope you have a wonderful day! Love Alicia and Justin

1 Comments:

Blogger Joanna said...

Have fun with your new job Alicia! We have a tubing hill up at the local ski-hill that sounds similart. They won't let double riders go though so I don't know when we'll go - I'm not about to send my 17 month old down a monster hill without me! And I don't think Gabe would go by himself either.

I've been thinking of planning a date afternoon with Cory and I - but we'll see.

Have fun!

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home