Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving plans

Just thought I'd do a small post and ask what everyone's got in mind for their thanksgivings? We're going quietly here, and we're also skipping turkey and having a prime rib instead. Found a really great deal at IGA in Kenai on a prime rib, and we're all excited. We used to have this friend that said there was no reason to ruin a perfectly good holiday with turkey. :) But I don't know if we'll miss having turkey or not. Anyway, it'll just be me and Justin, and mom and dad - quiet and low key, and all about the food as usual. :)

So what are you guys up to? And how long until you put up your Christmas trees? I'm aiming to have my tree up by the end of the week. I think mom wants to get hers up this week too, but I'll let her answer herself.

2 Comments:

Blogger jed-laura said...

We're staying home in Texas for Thanksgiving- sharing the holiday with friends from our ward.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Carolee Jones said...

looks like we'll be attending the growing group of friends out at Anchor River Inn Thanksgiving bash! I've been asked to bring pies and you know how I love pies! This year I'm not bringing the rolls though, so that is new, and about our tree...WHAT??? already? I'm SO behind on any kind of decorating for the holidays so far, I'm just trying to get the laundry folded and off the drying racks before anyone comes over to visit. I did however get all 75 handmade Christmas cards done with matching address labels and ready to go. But have to wait till Rob writes the family news letter( first time..I normaly do this part and thought it would be interesting to have HIS perspective and see how that goes)PLUS this year I'm NOT doing the famous Jones family Calendar and only creating a one page yearly calendar with a list of all birthdays & anniversaries to keep updated. So once those are done and designed & printed THEN we'll stuff and mail. But I feel good about getting that much done so far. I have LOTS of wedding stuff to do so.. that kind of takes priority for now.
And for having prim rib WOW..that sounds YUMMY, My folks did that a few years back & it was incredible (or so I heard, my siblings all ranted & raved about it for months after)
in any case...HAPPY THANKS GIVING!

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home