Monday, December 07, 2009

thoughts

I'm very glad to have Mom here for a few days to visit. It's been very good for me to have a little time to be with Mom. It's also fun to have our first house guest in our new home. I have been quite bummed that this year we are not going out of town for Thanksgiving or for Christmas, and that I'll be working much of the break while my co-workers are in exotic locations like the UK, the Panama Canal, Florida, New Orleans, etc.... (anywhere but here). I think that for some reason, my attitude has changed a little the past few days, and I'm more excited to enjoy our home holiday. I will miss all of you, but hopefully will make some great memories with my wife and little girls.

I'm grateful for this crazy crazy year we've all had. I think we're coming out stronger because of it. Although I'm not there yet, I imagine that someday when we can look back with hind-sight, I'll be really grateful for the things I've learned in this year.

I love you all- and really do miss you all. I think that's the most important part of Christmas- our LOVE.

-Jed

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

Your first year in your first very own home. You can make some really really special traditions of your own and for 50 years look back on this year as the year they started. It will be so fun if you let it. Love you guys. Love, Aunt charlotte

1:13 AM  
Blogger Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home