Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas mental health tip

If I get too stressed to enjoy Christmas, I just remind myself that Christ wasn't really born in December, so if I totally freak out and miss all the Christmas stuff because I'm too tired or too broke or too crazy -- I just make plans to celebrate again in April. 

We also have this great saying around our house for those that freak out about the actual holiday itself..... 

"IT'S JUST ANOTHER DAY - WITH A BIGGER (BETTER) BUFFET"
 works every time.

I was reminding Alicia that Saturday is Fruit Cake day - the day she makes fruit cake with her dad - and they always love baking together.  At first I just said it would be fruit cake day - and she seemed to find that humorous on many levels.....  

ENJOY and stop stressing.  The holiday will come whether you are a mess or not, so don't let it make you into a mess.  Lots of LOVE.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home