Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas in frozen northland

Merry Christmas season! :)

We are doing a low key Christmas this year. Everyone is getting something nice, and we're going to have some good food, and some relaxing hopefully. The last few years we have been having smaller Christmases. It started as a financial thing, but it felt so great to be free of the pressure of spending so much money, and became a quest to really focus on each person, and what would be the most meaningful thing for them.

This year we didn't do a tree, well I should say that. We didn't do a complete tree. I set up several nativity scenes, and got out the small tree intending that it would go somewhere fun and we'd have two trees, but then it ended up being our only tree, and I think we're all okay with that. Its a cute little tree, and its very brightly lit up.

I am experimenting with making butter cookies this year, trying to recreat those Danish butter cookies that come in the tins. So far, I've done one recipe and they were tasty! Oh, and Justin and I recreated a little of our childhood and made paper chains, and hung them with some led christmas lights. Looks very festive!

Merry Christmas everyone! Looking forward to seeing lots of posts :) Love you all, Alicia

2 Comments:

Blogger Our son Kade said...

sorry for the typos, I swear I can spell, I really can :)

12:30 AM  
Blogger jed-laura said...

It's good to hear from you guys. I remember doing paper chains with Laura on one of our first years we were married- we also tried to do popcorn chains- didn't work out too well.

We love you guys!

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home