Saturday, December 23, 2006

Exhausted

Christmas has been such a BUSY time of the year this year that it is hard to believe that the day after tomorrow is Christmas day. When most people say that, they mean that they've been busy going to work and church Christmas parties, been busy Christmas shopping, and baking for friends and neighbors, etc. Busy with Christmas things.

Starting with finals and finishing up with school, and then with working late into the night almost every day this week (until 2, or 3, or 4am), I am just exhausted. What might make it a bit more worth it would be for teachers to post final grades for the semester or for my bosses to express a little more appreciation for the hard work that everyone's been putting in this week. My mother-in-law asked what we're going to do when Nicole and I get to their place this afternoon, and I told her "sleep."

I'm not complaining too much. Many neighbors/ward members have been busy with moving and traveling long, long distances this week. And at least I'm not trapped in the Denver (or any other) airport. Nicole and I have been able to take care of some Christmas projects this week that have helped us get in the "mood" - participating in the things that Christmas is all about. This Christmas blog has brought our family together this Christmas in ways that I don't think gifts could have - reminiscing of Christmases past, sharing our Christmases present, and looking forward to Christmases future.

I'm looking very forward to relaxing these next few days... taking a "vacation from my problems (what about Bob?)" and really enjoying the last few days of Christmas! We do have approx. 3 inches of snow on the ground here in Rexburg. I'm assuming there is even more snow in Driggs - a white Christmas :) We don't need snow, however, on the 26th when we'll be traveling - hopefully the entire way to Farmington - by road. So keep us in your prayers on Tuesday.

Anyway, I just wanted to take a few minutes this morning to reflect, share my busyness, and tell you that I love you.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! - Paul

1 Comments:

Blogger The Rhiens said...

We are so glad that all of that is behind you for now. I bet you are, too! Relax and enjoy the time with Nicole's family, and if you need to take a little extra time to rest before heading down here, do it.

Have a great weekend! See you soon.

Love, Mom and Dad

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home