Friday, December 22, 2006

Now the holiday begins for real

Well, ok, since I still don't have my tree up (should be done by tomorrow night, I think), the first way I know it is really the holiday is that I am DONE WORKING for 10 days!@ I have once again managed to land at a place that closes for the week between Christmas and New Years. And I sent everyone home at 1:30 and met my friend Jeannie for a late solstice lunch. Then I dawdled my way north, stopping at this store and that for things I wanted. I was looking for some special cheeses from my favorite cheesemaker in the whole world, Cowgirl creamery, in Pt. Reyes, but neither of the stores I went to had it. So I had to settle for my second favorite cheese Humboldt Fog, made by Cypress Grove further up the coast. Getting special cheese to go with those good Christmas pears.

I am happy and grateful to be nesting down in our cozy home, not having to travel more than 50 miles, not having any shopping let to do, just being able to slow down and read and listen to music and putter.

Tomorrow morning I will go to the farmers market, including getting the six fresh crabs from the fish folks for the crab cocktais we are taking to Christmas eve dinner at Linda's (besides the Indonesian coleslaw and an as yet undetermined vegetable dish) to go with the Indonesian Sate they make for christmas dinner. Then in the afternoon, get my hair cut and finish the tree.

Ho ho ho to all of you, and our prayers as you journey. Love, Sandra

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul and Nicole Rhien said...

Indonesian Sate?? I want that recipe. Did you know that I speak indonesian and LOVE indonesian food. Whenever we get to SLC I make paul stop at the asian market to get some indo fried noodles and other things. Have a relaxing holiday!
Nicole

12:56 PM  
Blogger jed-laura said...

So I must not be cultured if I don't even know what Indonesian Sate is... If it's good, and if it can be made gluten free, we would like to make it.- maybe I'll look it up online.
-Jed

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home