Sunday, December 17, 2006

PAUL & NICOLE'S CHRISTMAS SURVEY ANSWERS

Sorry that we have been somewhat inactive on blogging... We read your posts, but have little time to post ourselves. We are hoping that with school done for me (Paul) tomorrow that we can really enjoy the rest of the Christmas season and feel the spirit if it this week. Here are our answers to the Christmas questions:

1. EGG NOG OR HOT CHOCOLATE?

P: I don't drink too much of either, but like them both. I want to try the chocolate egg nog at Reed's Dairy in Idaho Falls that I
have heard great things about.
N: Usually Hot Chocolate. This season, it's Jamba Juice Orange-A-Peel (one of the few liquids that'll stay down).

2. DOES SANTA WRAP PRESENTS OR JUST SIT THEM UNDER THE TREE?

P: Looks like he has this year.
N: All except for the really big ones.

3. COLORED LIGHTS ON TREE/HOUSE OR CLEAR

P: White on our cute little tree.
N: Colored when growing up, but now white.

4. DO YOU HANG MISTLETOE?

P&N: Not yet, kissing isn't as appealing to Nicole recently because of nausea.

5. WHEN DO YOU PUT YOUR DECORATIONS UP?

P&N: The decorations went up on Thanksgiving, but our tree was up much earlier (by 2 weeks or so :) ). Because this is our first Christmas, we're still trying to figure out some traditions.

6. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY DISH (EXCLUDING DESSERT)?

P: Hard to say. Probably 7 Layer Dip
N: Honey Ham with cherry dipped in a mustard ring

7. HOW DO YOU DECORATE YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE

P: I was given the assignment of putting up the lights. Of course, I'm a Rhien, so I wrap them in an out of the branches and always have to go buy more lights.

N: Our Christmas decorations are special because when I was in high school, there was a family at my dad's work that lost their father suddenly due to a brain aneurism. They had a tree but no decorations just before Christmas so I was given the job to decorate the tree. The family was very grateful and let me keep the decorations after that Christmas.

8. WHEN DID YOU LEARN THE TRUTH ABOUT SANTA?

P: Santa Claus!?! I know him! I still believe.
N: I don't remember.

9. DO YOU OPEN GIFTS ON CHRISTMAS EVE?

P: In Norway, Christmas Eve is Christmas. We opened ALL of the presents then. I think only pj's this year though.
N: I do now, but only pj's.

10 FAVORITE HOLIDAY (CHRISTMAS TO ME) MEMORY AS A CHILD?

P: They all kind of blend together. Mostly going to the bathroom 700 times in the night - because I was so anxious!
N: When other families provided Christmas for us during a difficult year.

11 CAN I SKATE?

P: Yes. and I love it. This year, the school's rink is up on the hill by our church, AND the city is building a rink on Main Street. We'll have to go before it's too dangerous for Nicole.
N: It's not dangerous unless you fall:)

12. DO YOU REMEMBER YOUR FAVORITE GIFT?

P: My first palm pilot in 8th grade or a Jr. Jazz membership when I was a bit younger or a HUGE box of basketball trading cards when I was into NBA and the UT Jazz.
N: Last year being sealed to Paul!

13 WHAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ABOUT THE HOLIDAYS FOR YOU?

P: Being with family and loved ones. The magic of the season is in how everyone treats everyone so kindly.
N: Remembering the reason for the season

14 WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY DESSERT?

P: There are so many good ones - Candy Cane Cookies are near the top though (P.S. Mom, can you please save several for us? :) )
N: Peanut Brittle

15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY TRADITION?

P: The pinata is a fun one, or reading the Bible's rendition of Jesus' birth, or Christmas Caroling, or looking at the lights, there are so many good ones. I'm excited to create traditions in our new family :)
N: Strawberry waffles Christmas morning

16. WHAT TOPS YOUR TREE?

P&N: A gold, sparkly snowflake that we bought at Walmart

17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG?

P: O Holy Night or Feliz Navidad
N: Silent Night

18. WHICH DO YOU PREFER GIVING OR RECEIVING?

P&N: some of both. but mostly giving (especially when it's the perfect gift.)

19. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE GIFT YOU HAVE EVER GIVEN?

P: It doesn't matter anymore.
N: I don't know, that's tough to say.

20. ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR?

P: Besides the fact that we haven't done any Christmas baking. Yes.
N: Besides the fact that we haven't gotten anything for each other yet. Yes.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! - Paul & Nicole

2 Comments:

Blogger jed-laura said...

good to hear from you! We hope your last final will go smoothly for you. We love you, and can't wait to see you soon. - Love Jed

5:24 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

Oh Nicole - you must try Mama and Papa's peanut brittle when you're in Farmington for Christmas - YUMMY!

And sorry to hear you're feeling icky - that's extra hard in the holiday season. Enjoy those Jamba smoothies - those saved me with Gabe (except we didn't have a Jamba Juice, and I had to make my own....)

Love ya!

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home