Monday, December 18, 2006

mantle decorations

I wish we had a digital camera, so I could share my mantle decorations (still haven't started on the tree). I was home sick today, but in the afternoon, when I finally got up at 3pm, I did the mantle decorations. We've never had a mantle before (the old massive rock fireplace didn't have a mantle, and we just got the one installed on the tile fireplace about a month ago). so it made me happy.

I put down a striped gold woven cloth, then laid down fir greens, cuttings from the bottle bush with red-tipped ends, and some fresh bay cuttings. I have two large gold-painted candle chimneys and two little ones. And the mantle is heaped with those fake fruits that have the sparkly "snow" or "sand" on them in shades of red, gold, mauve, pink--apples, pears, pomegrantes, grapes. Little gold and copper star ornaments scattered about, and little gold twigs. On the cabinets on either side I have the arrangements with the berries and the eucalyptus and the copper glittered branches.

So even though the tree isn't up yet, I am really happy to have this luscious display on the mantle, and happy to have a mantle to decorate!

PS Grandma Marilyn got her computer today, so maybe she will be online sometime this week!

Much love, Sandra

4 Comments:

Blogger The Rhiens said...

I wish that you had a digital camera, too, because I'd love to see pics of this and all you have done to your house. Someday you should have a friend come by and have them take some pictures of it for you. It sounds beautiful.

Hope your week is a great one....all of you.

Love, Earlene

9:31 AM  
Blogger Paul and Nicole Rhien said...

Hope you're feeling better.

Don't worry about the tree, just put a skirt around the bucket and you'll be good :)

Merry Christmas - Paul

10:41 AM  
Blogger jed-laura said...

Merry Christmas from deep in the snow in Utah , Poor Oregon Ducks! All they have to say iS "QUACK quack!"
I am enjoying my new computor! It is sure terrific. AND i set it up all by myself.

I am doing with out candy or pie o r desserts for ChristmasI am having tortia chips and cheese dip.

12:35 PM  
Blogger jed-laura said...

Your mantle sounds wonderful. I wish I had talent with dried flowers and such. I DON"T !!!! I hope you get a digital camera soon, so you can share pictures. I couldn't see why one needed a digital camera until Alicia got hers for her mission, and now we use it ALL the time. It is great to have those instant pictures, plus it is fun to be able to post on the internet whenever we get a picture. It helps us all stay closer. Love, charlotte

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home