Friday, December 09, 2011

Christmas Time

I'm glad this year that Christmas is coming closer. I always look forward to this time of year.

This year we got our 4 fake Christmas trees out the day after Thanksgiving. We lit the trees, put up lights, and all the decorations in one day. I also started this year to do a Christmas village like Grandma always does. Hers is a lot bigger and cooler, but I started with some pieces, and will hopefully add another item each year for a while.

I'll take some pictures soon- and post them hopefully. The issue now may be that our kitchen ceiling will need to be ripped up a little probably before Christmas. We found a leak from our master bathroom upstairs (which is directly over the kitchen) and the way we figured it out was that when someone is upstairs using any of the bathroom drains, that there's a dripping sound in the ceiling. Fun times, Fun times.

The old saying that when it rains, it pours...

We've had a lot of blessings this year, but also a lot of drama. So to me this Christmas has to signify hope that things will be less dramatic next year- and that I'll be more in control of some of the situations I find myself in.

I thought I was crazy to have a lot of Christmas shopping for my kids done this year in July and August- but now I'm happy I did. I don't have time, energy, or money to do so- so it's good that we had a LOT of that done already before our baby got here.

Lydia is really starting to learn to smile. It's cute. She doesn't smile for long periods of time- but her quick little smiles are sincere and genuine.

She is also trying to make noise (talk). It's funny because if you sit and talk to her, she moves her mouth open and closed, and sticks her tongue in and out at you- she is watching your lips closely, and its almost as if you can see the wheels in her head turning as she carefully ponders just how is that dude making those sounds with his mouth.... hmmmmm.

I'll try to post more as the season goes along.

This Christmas we are spending at home in TX. We had thought of making it up to NM this year, but without a reliable long-distance car, it would be a bit of a stretch to make it that far. We'd probably be ok. but it's no good testing the limits that way with a newborn and no space in our tight 5 seater car... so it's a homey holiday at home this year.

Love you all.
very very very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home