Monday, December 24, 2007

The Count Down is On

We're getting near to being ready here in Seattle. We have all our presents wrapped and under the tree, the Christmas feast supplies have been purchased, and we are on vacation time. Let the good times roll.

We started yesterday off by cooking some rack of lamb. It's my first rack of lamb. But it looked so easy on the Food Network and they had such nice racks at the store, we took a chance. All in all it turned out pretty good. I did a mustard and herbs sauce for it and served it with some stuffing and a green salad with some dried fruit. Yum.

Today we are slipping out to see a movie and do some last minute stocking stuffer shopping. I think we are going to Atonement. We saw Sweeny Todd on Friday. I enjoyed it, but I could see it not being everyone's cup of tea. Actually I could see it not being most people's cup of tea. Gothic horror combined with broadway musical is a strange mix of crowds that don't usually over lap. But Johnny Depp is great as usual and I've alway admired Helen Bonom's hair.

As usual we took of the time between Christmas and New Year to have a little home based vacation. We don't go anywhere, we just relax and catch up and have fun around the house. So, we are cooking a big feast with an emphasis on having lots of leftovers that we can graze on for the next week or so. Turkey for Christmas, with a back up Ham for when we get sick of Turkey sandwhiches.

We are debating taking a day trip down to Portland to go to the Rhienlander. Those that came to the wedding will remember that as the restraunt where we had our after reception dinner. There are no good German restraunts in Seattle (boo). But, we will see if we feel up to the drive. We try not to over plan this week and just relax with the flow.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

I remember the Rhienlander well! That was some of the best food I think I've ever had. Very yummy. Sounds like you're going to have a fun break. That's kind of what we're planning on doing, just relaxing, and doing whatever sounds fun. I can't decide if I want to go for some more last minute shopping or not, its blizzarding so, I probably won't. Anyway - Merry Christmas! I hope your dinner turns out great, the lamb sounds really nice! Love you. sis
Oh, did your gift arrive today? they should have emailed you at the groik address.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

Hey - besides the Happy Christmas wishes, I always forget to wish you guys a Happy Anniversary. What are we talking about - 17 years now??? That's a pretty good amount of time to be together. Congrats. Love, MOM

3:56 PM  
Blogger Blake said...

18 short years

7:53 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Hey, that rack of lamb sounds great.

Enjoy yur week of hanging out and going with the flow. Merry christmas. Love, Sandra

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home