Monday, December 24, 2007


This morning I awoke to an hour, I would have thought unnecessarily early due to a very active child inside of me.  I couldn't sleep.  My mind kept turning.  I kept thinking about how we've always been so blessed, how I've always felt so rich, in a number of ways.  

And as we all know, this season is about Christ, the greatest gift ever given.  I was overwhelmed and couldn't stop thinking about how grateful I am for His example, and His atoning sacrifice.  I am so happy that my parents put such a large focus on this at Christmas time, for as long as I can remember.  I'm really at a loss for words at the moment.  I  guess just writing it in my journal wasn't enough.  I wanted to put a short post about it on the blog. 

As a young child,  I remember the excitement of opening gifts, and wondering if Santa was real, (as far as I can remember, I was always skeptical about him!!)  But, that wasn't the important thing. Gifts that come in packages cannot hold a candle to other types of gifts.  


"Of course, among the greatest of gifts is the gift of love...  Among these true gifts are: the gift of peace, the gift of love, the  gift of service, the gift of self, and the gift of faith."- Elder Faust

I know that Jed, Allison, and I have been the recipients of these gifts that Elder Faust has spoken about.  If I had sufficient words to express how deeply aware I am of how all of you have given these, and how it has blessed and changed our lives... well...  Next year we'd get a ton of cards that say, "Merry Christmas, you have me, (enter name here) in your family!!!!" and know that it would most likely be our  favorite thing we'd open! 

we love you all, 
    Merry Christmas

  
    

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

Thank you Laura for the beautiful pictures, and the tender Christmas post. Its a great reminder to me of the reason for all the celebration. Thank you for sharing. I hope you guys have a great Christmas, and a joyful rest of the season. Love you. Alicia

1:05 PM  
Blogger Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

Thank you for the beautiful post and your great thoughts and the reminder of what to focus on. So many times I find myself thinking about how thankful I am for the spiritual legacy that my family has given me.

Happy Christmas = we love you guys. Aunt Charlotte

3:53 PM  
Blogger Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

Thank you for the beautiful post and your great thoughts and the reminder of what to focus on. So many times I find myself thinking about how thankful I am for the spiritual legacy that my family has given me.

Happy Christmas = we love you guys. Aunt Charlotte

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home