Sunday, December 23, 2007

California holiday update

Well, it's Dec/ 23, and four of the branches of the ginko tree still have their leaves--I think this is the latest winter ever since I've been counting. . .

Friday and yesterday we did some last minute running around. Last night we went to this cool musical/video event to observe the solstice. There's this really cool columbarium (a place where the cremated ashes of dead people are kept) in Oakland. The original bldg was designed by Julia Morgan and even the modern additions have lots of cool architectural detail, nooks, etc. And scattered throughout the bldg are improvisational performances, computer generated music, videos, etc. They have one at the summer and one at the winter solstice. The one we went to last summer was so crowded it wasn't much fun. The one last night, in the dark and cold, had way fewer people and was really satisfying. Then I came home and finished the scarf, though now I have decided I don't like it (ugh gift anxiety and creative anxiety all mushed together). And I finally got the holiday arrangements in the vases on each side of the fireplace done. Tonight we are going to the movies with Dick and Greg (I think we are going to Walk Hard, that spoof on being a rock musician. I wanted to go to Charlie Wilson's War but I couldn't convince anyone else). And then to dinner. Love you all, Sandra

1 Comments:

Blogger The Rhiens said...

Hope your vacation break is relaxing and wonderful and all you hope for. Merry Christmas!

Love, Earlene, Scott and Julia

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home