Monday, December 24, 2007

We've been away

Well we've been away since Thursday so I'm trying to catch up on the blog posts. Cory's family has a tradition of a family ski trip before or around Christmas. This year we all went to some condos in Eden, Utah - which is up Ogden Canyon. It was beautiful and snowy! Gabe tried skiing, but there was so much snow, and he's so little - that we think we'll work on it again next year. (for heaven's sake - he's only 2!!!)


Anyway, we ate good food, enjoyed family time and the craziness that comes with that. We did a pinata too - to pull in some Rhien tradition into the Ellis fun. Gabe got a cold and Hunter is now coming down with it too - so I guess we're not breaking tradition and making sure someone in the family is sick....(not a very fun tradition though!) Hunter did however sleep through the night last night - so maybe there is something to this 'being sick'.....(or maybe it's the Motrin we gave him....)


Oh - while we were gone I made a really tasty dessert for dinner one of the nights we were there. I had meant to take a picture of it - but didn't get that done. Anyway - check out this recipe - it's delicious! I took the recipe and layout from my friend Sherrelle's blog. (However, I would have changed the 2 TBSP of rum extract to just one TBSP - it was pretty strong flavored). It was fun because I made them in the little individual pie crusts and everyone had their own. I think it's a treat I'll definetly make again!

Yesterday we stopped in quickly to see Grandma Marilyn and Grandpa & Grandma Whisler. We're sorry that our trips were so short, but we hope that by keeping them short we didn't spread too many of our yucky germs. We love you guys and wished we could have stayed longer!

Well today we're running around trying to fnish up the last Christmas preparations. Tonight we're having our friends the Springers over with their 3 boys like we did last year. We are having Mexican food again, doing another pinata, decorating the boy's cookies for Santa and enjoying time with friends. Since neither of us have family here it's nice to spend time with other people you care about.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and that tomorrow is fantastic as well!

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

I was thinking of making one of these, but couldn't decide if I would like it or not. It sounds really interesting! I'll have to try it sometime. Glad you had a good trip, sorry the kids got sick. Merry Christmas! Love you. Alicia

1:03 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Cool, eggnog and cheesecake!!! It doesn't get any better than that!, Your recipe looks less complicated than mine. Or at least less overwhelming. I'll have to try it sometime.
-Laura

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home