Saturday, December 23, 2006

ahhh, old age

So I did something funny the other day. I have recently switched from roll-on deodorant to a spray and I was having trouble with the nozzle clogging up and to get it to work, I had to hit it in short sprays, tap tap tap, and hope enough came out to work. I also switched to a new kind of hair spray and didn't notice the cans were virtually the same size. Of course, I don't wear my glasses when I am getting ready.

so after my shower, i reached for my spray deodorant, and it wasn't clogged up, it just sprayed right out, so i really sprayed under both arms to be sure I got good coverage. then I noticed as I put on my make-up, that my underarms wanted to stick down, so I thought, well, I better put my undershirt on so It can absorb some of this deodorant. So then after I was all ready, I noticed that I couldn't lift my arms. the spray had cemented my shirt to my arms and my arms - from the elbow up were completely stuck down.

I couldn't lift either arm over to unstick the other arm, so I called out and alicia took a wet cloth and peeled my arms up and swiped them with a wet cloth. she thought she had got it all, but the water just seemed to reactivate the spray and my arms stuck down even more. I called her back and we tried to peel my shirt off and she tried to rewash them, but she started laughing so hard, she had to hang onto the counter to keep from literally falling on the floor and roll around and laugh, she had tears streaming down her face.

Finally we got it all washed off and the real deodorant sprayed on and a new shirt put on. They still stuck every once in a while, until I showered again.....and now I put the two cans on opposite sides of the dressing table. I'm just so relieved it was only level 3 hold hairspray.... we would have had to do skin grafts if it was super ultra hold level 4.

Charlotte

2 Comments:

Blogger jed-laura said...

WOW- it's interesting the kinds of things that come in aerosol cans. There could be a few other things that would have been interesting scenarios:

You might have accidentally used Spray Paint, Spray Super Glue(does this even exist?),or Cooking Spray.

Thanks for the story, it made me laugh pretty hard.

-Jed

4:35 PM  
Blogger jed-laura said...

My worst ever was using roll-on black shoe polish instead of roll-on deodorant. I looked like I had the plague. . .

Glad you had Alicia there to rescue you. .

Love, Sandra

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home