Saturday, December 24, 2011

Another Christmas on Howard

It was the Christmas when he had been gone on storm to Houston for like three months. I'm guessing I was in fifth grade? Or maybe sixth? We waited to get the tree until he got home (on the 23rd?). There's a picture of us somewhere hanging ornaments on this Charlie Brown sort of tree while wearing our PJs. our main presents were things he brought back from Texas/Mexico. We all got carved leather shoes. And I got this beloved little blue and cream transistor radio that just transformed my life. I would fall asleep at night still wearing the earphones, get all twisted up in the middle of the night. We had the pink silk tablecloth that Aunt Evelyn had brought with her from Japan on our table for dinner. That's all I remember

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home