Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Winter/Holiday Radio

I don't know how many of you have heard of or used Pandora Internet Radio. The concept is simple. You tell them songs or artists that you like and they play random music that matches or is similar to your suggestions. If a song comes on that you don't really like, you give it a 'thumbs down' or if you really like it, you give it a 'thumbs up' and it works to make an internet radio station personalized to your taste. It's free and there are no commercials (other than the banner ads on the website).

Try it out here with a couple of pre-made stations to start:
Macy's Holiday/Winter Radio

and Merry Christmas!

6 Comments:

Blogger Blake said...

That is a cool site, thanks.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Yeah, we love Pandora. I've been using it at work for a while. I recently turned Susan on to it, and she is loving it too--she's got a station with obscure Mexican singers going. . .

Also, you can build more than one station. So you could have one for holiday music, one for your favorite pop tunes, one for classical music. Or you could mix it all up. You get exposed to lots of music you like that you never heard of probably. Cheers, Sandra

8:21 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

Cool - I'll have to check that out. Although - unless it's the soundtrack to Cars Gabe throws a major fit - so I have pretty much given up on listening to music.....

10:19 AM  
Blogger Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

Justin really likes Pandora too, but I hadn't though to use it for Christmas music. Thanks! Alicia

11:26 AM  
Blogger Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

my comment should have said, I hadn't THOUGHT to use it. Sorry. :) My typing is not so good today. :)

11:27 AM  
Blogger jed-laura said...

cool-

I've never heard of Pandora and I love it!

I've already heard tons of music I like that I didn't know existed.

Thanks-

-Jed

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home