Sunday, December 09, 2007

Ode To A Partridge In A Pear Tree Or NOBODYS PERFECT

As far as I can recall Charlotte issued the challenge to one and all
Make an ornament with these feathers Brain got from a pheasant this fall

I thought of angels and Wings ,birds and things
Then all of sudden in my head , a bell rings!
I got it I shouted with glee!!
A Partridge In a Pear tree!
I molded and folded and painted and until I was blue
and so to the challenge I had been true
But , to my utter dismay
They were so terrible maybe, they should be thrown away.
In purple, aqua, brown,and green
They were a sight to be seen
So off in the mail they went
To my children's homes they were sent
Oh how they must have laughed and howled
Really more than should be allowed
After some time and gone by
and in Charlotte's house I did spy
This poor droopy deplorable little unrecognizable ??
It had long adorned her cupboard shelf
sitting there all by itself
Why did you keep this dreary thing?
The answer had a sensible ring
Well, mom it is to remind me ,"NOBODY IS PERFECT!!!"
As we hurry and scurry about this Holdiday Season when things go wrong ,cookies burn and so many things get dropped or just forgot. Have a Little laugh and remember__ NOBODY'S PERFECT!!!
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Hanukah, Feliz Navidad
This is in reference to Sandra's remark about the ugly thing with feathers stuck in it's butt.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

I LOVE the poem !!!!! As I was reading it, before I got to the part about it being in my china hutch, I was thinking, HEY< I kept mine in the china hutch. And then you mentioned me in the poem. Made me cry. :)

I didn't have a hutch for many years here in Alaska, and I've lost track of the bird. I'll have to see if it is hidden in the ornament boxes somewhere. Love, Charlotte

9:47 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

This is great! Thanks so much. And I didn't say it was ugly, I said it was funny . . .

Love, Sandra

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home