Saturday, December 08, 2007

Decorating at home and work

Well, I finally got my mantle done at home, with the big antique gold glass pillars for the candles (the short ones are in the center of the two little wreaths decorated with walnuts and hazelnuts that I bought at Trader Joes so we would have some christmas smell--on the dining room table).
And a gold striped cloth as the base, and lots of those fruits with the glitter or glass beads on them--apples, pears, pomegranates, plums, berries. I've been collecting them for a few years so I have quite a few now. And mixed in are little star ornaments in gold and copper and bronze matte finish. I think it looks really nice.

I spent most of the afternoon at work making flower arrangements. The past few years they haven't done much decorating cuz it was so hard not to offend someone (we have jews, christians, christian scientists, muslims, hindus, etc.). So I came up with this color scheme of lime green, purple, and silver and did several big flower arrangements of mostly different kinds of eucalyptus stems, silver glitter stems, and lime colored orchids with purply centers and purple statice. I wrapped the outsides of the vases with olive green chiffon and tied big purple wire ribbon around it. I think they look really nice--we will see what the consensus is.

Cheers, Sandra

1 Comments:

Blogger Grandma Marilyn said...

I wish i could see your decorations. i can see them in my mind. You have changed your house a lot since i was there. The decorations for the church sound fab too. Love MMM

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home