Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Jed's answers

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate with a spoonful of Marshmallow creme
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? both
3. Colored lights on tree/house or clear? clear lights on the tree. No lights on the apartment because we have no outside power outlet :(
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Year round.
5. When do you put your decorations up? As soon as I can
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Homeade Tamales. This year our ward had a mexican christmas fiesta with tamales, the cheese and jalepeno ones were the best! Yum.
7. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? We have white lights, red bows and red glass ornaments. We also have an assortment of handpainted wooden ornaments that we got the second year we were married. The first year, we simply made popcorn strands, cut snowflakes with different colored paper, and a few strands of lights, and I put all the Russian Stacking Matroshka dolls in our tree. Since Alli got older, that doesn't work so well because she likes to play with the dolls, and lose the parts. We still have all our Russian dolls on display durring the Christmas season.
8. When Did you learn the truth about Santa? When I asked for an art desk from Santa, and I saw it in the garage the week before Christmas. I pretended that I didn't see it.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Not unless we have pajamas to open.
10. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: When I was 13 or 14, I set up a Christmas for a less fortunate family who had nothing for Christmas for my eagle scout project. It was the best feeling to bring in a turkey, a Christmas meal, a tree with ornaments, and more gifts than we had around our tree at home, and give them to someone who had nothing for Christmas. They were so excited and happy to see that they would have something for Christmas that year.
11. Can you ice skate? Sure, I can do the spiral of death and the triple klutz moves quite well :)
12. Do you remember your favorite gift? I liked two years in a row when I got nice watercolor brushes and paints (from Sandy and from my parents.) I was really excited. Oh yeah, and the year I got a car!!!! That was a huge suprise!
13. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? being with family, singing, feeling the magic of the season that you feel when you can give to others selflessly.
14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? fudge and caramels
15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? breaking a piniata with my family.
16. What tops your tree? a stained glass star that is almost a foot tall, and very beautiful! We got it in the after christmas sales for 90% off.
17. What is your favorite Christmas Song? God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (an arangement by the BYU- Men's Choir), or Jingle Bells by Barbara Streisand.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving.
19. What is your favorite gift you’ve ever given? I like giving Alli some Alphabet blocks that we made her last year. We hand painted them, and they turned out quite nice. It was something she likes to play with a lot, and it was fun to see her happy to receive it.
20. Are you ready for Christmas this year? Totally! More than ever before in my life. We only have one more gift to send off, and then we are ready completely (besides wrapping all the gifts which we are sort of waiting on since Alli would most likely want to open them right now if they were under the tree.

Merry Christmas Ya'll- Love Jed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home