Sunday, December 03, 2006

YAY!

I have tried to get on to this to post before - but for some reason I was having troubles (I think you could certainly blame "user error" on this one).

But we are excited to participate on this family Christmas blog.

Yesterday we particpated in a fun Cedar City Christmas tradition. They put on all kinds of fun Christmas festivities through the season - but yesterday was the "Storybook Cavalcade Parade". They have a bunch of fun floats all showcasing different stories and Disney characters. I was totally impressed with the parade! There were characters dressed up as pretty much all the Disney characters, Sesame Street, The Little Engine That Could, fairytales, holiday characters, and it all ended with a big float with Santa flying above the rooftops.

We sat at the very beginning of the parade (freezing our buns off!) and Gabe had fun waving at the fun characters he recognized from the stories we read. In fact his favorite part was when Cookie Monster came over right to him to say hi - he was in awe that Cookie Monster was RIGHT THERE!

Unfortunately it was too cold for me to take my camera out (I should rephrase that - I was too big of a wuss to take my camera out, I was worried my poor fingers would freeze to the camera) - but next year when we go I'll be sure to take some pictures.

Hopefully we'll make it to "Santaland" this week with Gabe too - so we can go sit on Santa's lap and enjoy more festivities.

Love hearing about everyone else's plans and fun activities.

Love, Joanna

2 Comments:

Blogger jed-laura said...

Cedar City seems like a fun place.
Wish you wouldn't have been such a wuss, so we could see some pictures :) Oh Well.

Love, Paul & Nicole

7:32 PM  
Blogger The Rhiens said...

Sounds like your parade was so fun, especially for Gabe. Our parade is taking place later than usual this year. And has gone from being a cool night time parade to a day time parade. It will take place next Saturday. Julia will be participating with the Piedra Vista Choir. They worked on their float on Thursday.

We attended our local Festival of Trees this weekend. I enjoyed it so much the first time, that I went back again on Saturday. There were some amazing trees. The most amazing of all of them was decorated by my sister in law, Ann and a group of her friends. The entire probably 9 foot tree was COVERED with hand-made, gorgeous doll clothes. I would guess that there were probably close to 50 different outfits and each outfit was amazing. Many even had little matching shoes. Then there were two 14-18 inch dolls, a trunk to store the clothes in, a doll bed with a hand-made quilt and pillow, a quilted robe, etc. Words don't do it justice. It was absolutely amazing! You could purchase raffle tickets at the door and then place your tickets in buckets by each tree, in the hopes of winning that tree at the end of the festival. Their bucket was filled and emptied 3 different times. It was by far the most popular tree and the lady who won it must have been SO excited. We didn't win anything, but it was fun to see and hope and dream.

Another fun tradition to add to our list of holiday traditions. I might see if I can help Ann with her tree next year...she already has it planned. :)

Earlene

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home