Thursday, December 07, 2006

Christmas Quiz -Laura

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?

Egg Nog, but not this year, unless it's lactaid brand!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?

Santa? I am santa, I definately wrap, but no promises on how pretty it is! ( :

3. Colored lights on tree/house or clear?

Clear

4. Do you hang mistletoe?

yup

5. When do you put your decorations up?

well, we always say the day after thanksgiving, but I think we get ansty and do it the sunday before thanksgiving, right before Jed's b-day

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?

ham and mashed potatoes I guess,

7. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Gold and red, with some family ornaments, and hand crafted ornaments

8. When Did you learn the truth about Santa?

I never believed, it was just for fun

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

Nope, but we are trying to continue the pajamas on Christmas Eve thing from Jed's side; mostly alli just get a pair so far. Jed has too many to begin with!

10. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:

All four of us kids were in the basement, TRYING to sleep. I got a lot of slack for not believing in Santa that year, so I thought I would listen extra close for footsteps and jingle bells; but really that christmas was the best because we lost a lot that year. We were paying house payments and eating by the generosity of grandparents and the use of credit cards. A neighbor gave us a fake christmas tree, that had very little branches, but the fun and challenge of helping that tree become beautiful was so much fun. All of our special ornaments were ruined in the fire, so we made our own ornaments. I knew that if we got any gifts that year, we'd be lucky; we prayed a lot and drew together as a family; Still, I was young and the excitement of recieving a gift was fun. So maybe I hoped santa was real so I could get something. Santa did come, but it wasn't the magical man everyone talks about, it was members of our ward, and thoughtful family members, and my mother's creativity. That year, i learned more what christmas was all about, and it wasn't the gifts!

11. Can you ice skate?

nope. I love to pretend. i can stay up for longer than 10 seconds, does that count? Acutally, I miss going skating

12. Do you remember your favorite gift?

I recieved a pink teddy bear from my grandma from my mom's side. I actually thought it was sorta ugly at first, I didn't like pink for one, but people kept giving it to me. Anyway, I still loved it instantly because it was from my grandma; She died the next year. I carried it everywhere. We went on a vacation and i lost it. I was devastated, and all I wanted for Christmas or a birthday was a bear like it to play as a sub for it. Then one year, I thought I was going to get it, but I didn't, but when we all got up to have breakfast, my sister pointed under the tree and said, "Laura, there's one more gift for you" It was Teddy; I still have her, and now she's one of alli's favorite stuffed animals, but she's renamed her "pink bear".

13. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?

family, remembering Christ, and being more Christlike

14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?

MOMMY RHIEN'S carmels!!! YUM

15. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

reading books by the trees, I spy, caroling, .

16. What tops your tree?

a star

17. What is your favorite Christmas Song?

Carol of the bells, Oh holy Night, and well I LOVe most songs, Alli's however is Jingle Bell Rock

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?

Both are, good; but I have to say giving is a lot more fun

19. What is your favorite gift you’ve ever given?

Not sure; I liked one year when Daddy Rhien took us all Caroling and we gave a christmas movie and a pass-along card that were produced by the church to each home we sang to

20. Are you ready for Christmas this year?

96% done

I'm going to throw one last question in:

21. What's your favorite Christmas movie?

um....I'm not sure, but the Santa Clause movies sound good, and Miracle on 34th Street.. OH wait, my definate favorite is What a wonderful Life, especially if I'm watching it with lots of other people to like it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home