Thursday, December 07, 2006

Christmas Quiz - ALICIA

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?

Egg nog for me, made with mom's recipe. Yum!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?

When Santa comes to our house he leaves a stocking, nothing wrapped.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or clear?

Colored on the house and banisters. Clear on the tree.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?

I live with my parents, so no. hehe. :)

5. When do you put your decorations up?

After Thanksgiving, during the National Finals Rodeo

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?

This is tough - it comes down to the deviled eggs, ham, or the breakfast we have for dinner on Christmas Eve.

7. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?

Either traditional family ornaments, or silver and blue

8. When Did you learn the truth about Santa?

I really don't remember, I guess I still believe.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

We open all presents on Christmas eve, I'm into instant gratification.

10. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:

Oh, there are so many. I loved the Christmas when Blake came to see us, before we moved to Alaska. We rented video games, movies, and just had so much fun, and there was a great snow storm, so everything was so pretty, and it was such a peaceful happy Christmas. I also loved the time that I got this huge barbie house, that we were all trying to put together, and there was 40 some pages of instructions, and we were trying to put it together (I say we, but really it was everyone but me), and we finally took a break, and played the tape Blake got for dad (Hank Williams Jr.).

11. Can you ice skate?

Yeah, I guess I can, but I'm certainly not that good, it hurts my feet too bad. I can do it though.

12. Do you remember your favorite gift?

I got this cool little table and chairs, and a little kitchen when I was a kid, and those were so cool, but there have been so many. I just love presents, so they're all great! I got a cool stuffed sharpei dog (from Blake) that was cool, he still stays on my bed most of the time. In my cowgirl phase I got a really nice set of cowgirl stuff. But the list could go on and on and on and on....

13. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?

Having fun with my family. Cooking, watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, and the Tim Allen Santa Claus movies. Mostly just having fun, and enjoying the season.

14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?

Cheesecake (our special recipe) or sugar cookies

15. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Having breakfast for dinner, with a homemade sweet roll, and then opening presents on Christmas eve.

16. What tops your tree?

A lighted Mexican star that mom HATES, but dad and I like.

17. What is your favorite Christmas Song?

Nutcracker Suite, Grandma Got runover by a reindeer, Leroy the redneck reindeer, or Bing Crosby.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?

I'm going to brave the crowd and say I like receiving! hehe. But I like giving too.

19. What is your favorite gift you’ve ever given?

I like giving most gifts. I like finding the stuff that people mention in passing and surprising them with it.

20. Are you ready for Christmas this year?

Not really. I haven't got any presents for anyone yet. I just am not that into presents this year, so I'm having trouble. I know its going to be here way too early and I won't be ready!

I'm going to throw one last question in:

21. What's your favorite Christmas movie?

National Lampoon Christmas Vacation, or the Santa Claus movies, or Holiday Inn.

1 Comments:

Blogger jed-laura said...

I like the idea of breakfast on Christmas eve.
I also like the idea of opening gifts before we go to bed. I often talk my wife into opening gifts on our birthdays at 12:01 AM... as soon as I turn a year older. Now that Alli is getting older though, we're trying to be more adult-like and wait until the designated time to open gifts.

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home