Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Our decorations


Here's the tree we started with. We had to cut the top off, it made the tree too tall, and the top was kind of spindly, and not as nice as the lower part of the tree. So we chopped it off, intending to put a topper on.
Justin hanging the candy canes
Us in front of the tree
Tree with lights. We bought some cool new lights, they are garland style, so they have three bulbs close together, instead of 1 bulb ever few inches. It made it really light and bright.

How it all looks together.
Up close of the nativity
Tree in the dark.
Nutcrackers and nativity. Kind of looks like the nutcrackers are standing guard over the nativity. I have a couple more nutcrackers, but they're upstairs.
Here's the finished tree. We don't have a topper yet, I haven't been able to find one that I like and that fits the style of our tree. Some years there are a dozen ones that I like, this year - not so much. Oh well. I think the tree turned out great. :) Its one of the fullest natural/nonfarm raised trees we've ever seen. I was worried we'd end up with a charlie brown style tree, but Justin found this one, and I think its a really good tree.
Love you all. Alicia
oh, ps, this is all downstairs in our apartment. The table cloth is one from the wedding reception, I saw this thing on tv, to decorate using the colors in your house, and the colors I had they showed with this tuscan style decorations, in red and gold, and stuff. I bought what i could afford this year (I waited until Joanns had ornaments 50% off, and boxed ornaments 3 for the price of 1, so that worked out really good) and it was plenty to fill the tree, especially when I added in some of the traditional ornaments I've had for years.

5 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

cute decor, I love it!

2:06 PM  
Blogger The Rhiens said...

I love it...I bet your apt. looks so bright and festive now. How fun to have your first tree together. I have not seen those lights anywhere before. Those are really pretty. I like the effect. I have been swamped with seminary and Julia has been swamped with school stuff that she has needed to computer for. Plus, we got a new computer a couple of weeks ago and it took us awhile to get it set up and get our monitor in the mail, etc. So, we haven't been online as much. But, I only have a couple of more days of seminary and then the kids have finals and I will have a few weeks off. So, I will be posting more in days to come.

Love, Earlene, Scott and Julia

6:40 PM  
Blogger Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

You will note that she hasn't posted pictures of my tree. You know the one, the one she always insists we put up the first of december and decorates so lovingly for us??? hehehe

I"VE LOST MY ELF !!! She did decorate my stairs for me, though and my pillars, so I'm grateful for that.

I'll have to plan better next year to get Brian to put our tree up Thanksgiving weekend when he is home.

Alicia's tree and nutcrackers are really beautiful. Charlotte

6:40 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

It's pretty! I remember our first Christmas, and it was definetly one of my favorites! I worked so hard at making decorations, and I still have most of them. This year when we were decorating I went through and was throwing out (or taking to DI) a bunch of stuff that we didn't use anymore. I got to the decorations from our first year and I just couldn't part with them. I didn't necessarily want to decorate with them (some were pretty pitiful!) but there was no way I could get rid of them! Too many memories!

8:27 PM  
Blogger jed-laura said...

I like the nutcrackers...

they are fun.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home