Thursday, November 15, 2007

You can do it, Earlene

Earlene -- I remember how stressful it was to go back to school after being away for years. I know you can do it! Love Susan
Everyone -- I somehow never managed to contribute last year but will try to be more active this year. At this point, I'm focused on Thanksgiving. At Weight Watchers we got the idea to prepare ourselves for the big meal by eating some healthy variations on our favorite items in the weeks before Thanksgiving. The idea is that we won't feel as much need to pig out them on the actual day. Sandra made barley with stuffing herbs and spices. One day I roasted a turkey breast and another day I ate baked sweet potatoes (well OK they were microwaved).
Still too early to tell if it will make me eat less of those favs on Thanksgiving but it does feel like I'm stretching out the holiday a little, which is kind of nice! S.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

We made pies - pumpkin and pecan a couple weeks ago and didn't finish them, so we kind of got that out of our system. Same with the sweet potatoes. Around here, you buy them when they come in to the store - good luck looking for them Thanksgiving weekend. So we already ate them, too.

We got invited to some friend's house for the big day - so don't know if just the two of us will even do a turkey.

We had a friend who always said there was no reason to ruin a perfectly fine holiday,like Thanksgiving, by serving Turkey. He always cooked prime rib instead. Charlotte

10:16 PM  
Blogger jed-laura said...

We've already had a pumpkin pie and pumpkin rolls too. Yummmm. I always think it's best to have them at least twice in the holiday season :)

(not exactly what I think the idea of having holiday treats early was for).

-Jed

10:19 PM  
Blogger Blake said...

Must be in the water, because we did a complete Thanksgiving meal a couple weeks ago as well. Just felt like getting a little turkey in October.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

Ok - I'm feeling left out :)

I guess I have a different take on the food for Thanksgiving. If I start eating it anytime before the big day I over-indulge right up to Thanksgiving. But if I just let myself enjoy the food Thanksgiving day, and maybe a little bit of leftovers - I won't over-do it. And if I do over-do it, at least it's just for that ONE day, and not for the whole season.

But now I'm craving rolls with turkey and cranberry sauce.....

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home