Monday, November 19, 2007

Holiday weather

I finally realized why my posts never include pictures - we just got a digital camera of our own last month and I don't know how to use it very well, and I don't have any idea of how to put the pictures on the computer.

If I knew how to take and post pictures, I would have posted a picture of our beautiful snow. It is about 4-6 inches deep and all fell in one night so it is just white everywhere. Now the wind is blowing really hard and the leaves that were left on the trees are coming onto the snow so it is getting a littered. But no one has plowed yet, so it is just pretty and white.

Our dog loves the snow so I guess she is really a Carper dog now. I was hoping for a dog that wanted to lay on the beach in Maui all the time, but she gets overheated when it is 50 degrees out. sigh. even the dog conspires against me.

I have a funny story about the dog and spaghetti that I will put on the Carper blog. I'm hoping, because all the kids are traveling this week, that you all don't get snow yet, but just in case you are wishing you had some, I have enough for all of us. Love, Charlotte

4 Comments:

Blogger jed-laura said...

Because we are travelling this week, I'm glad that we do not have any snow here... but I think I'll be sad if we don't get any snow at all this winter. When you figure out how to post pictures, we'll need some good pictures of snow for those of us who may not get any :(

-Jed

2:33 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Yeah, I haven't figured that out yet either. Have a good holiday--hope it isn't too quiet for you. Love, Sandra

9:34 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

I don't understand what all this sentimentality about snow is all about. In my book, having spent those years in Chicago and NY and Chicago, snow is a nasty tricky messy substance that alternates between being inconvenient and downright dangerous. I suppose its different in a more rural setting, but in an urban setting, snow is just one big hassle. Bah humbug. Nevertheless, for those of you who like it, I'm glad you got some. Love, Sandra

9:37 PM  
Blogger Grandma Marilyn said...

I wish you could send some of the snow to the ski resorts. We are bone dry. Good for all the travelers though.
What are your plans for thanksgiving? My guess ham , football and a nap. Hope it isn't too quiet or lonsome.
Love mother

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home