Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving to all our family! We love you all. I just got 3 more pies out of the oven. I had to replace 2 pumpkin pies that I overcooked yesterday. oops So now we have apple, pumpkin,and pecan pies. I just put the turkey in the oven, I brined it overnight, in salt water, and herbs and lemon and orange chunk. It makes it so moist and good. Also cooking a nice butternut squash to go with our deviled eggs. It is storming here, raining sheets for days, and windy. Rained 6 inches in the last few days, rivers flooding, but we are warms and safe. Brian

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

We had deviled eggs too. Your brined turkey sounds delish. I have brined pork roasts but not a turkey. We cook ours in a turkey bag, and that makes em pretty moist too.

Love to you both, Sandra

3:48 PM  
Blogger jed-laura said...

Mmmmm brined turkey sounds yummy.

We'll have to remember to ask you for the recipe next time we are in charge of a turkey-

-Jed

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home