Thursday, November 22, 2007

I love Thanksgiving

When someone at work was offering me sympathy cuz I had to cook Thanksgiving dinner today, I said "I love cooking Thanksgiving dinner. It's a sacrament to me." And it's true. Of course, it helps that Susan cooks too, and that people bring things, but still, I love cooking Thanksgiving dinner. I love the smells, and the flavors, and the ritual of cooking healthy beautiful food for people I love.

To top it off, it's a beautiful, sunny, slightly crispy day outside. As I am typing this, the ginko tree is mostly gold against a crisp blue sky. It's still 2 hrs til guests and everything seems under control.

I am grateful for so much this Thanksgiving, including all of you and the closeness that the Internet makes possible. And Allie and Gabe even wished me happy Thanksgiving.

Love to you all, Sandra and Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home