Thursday, November 23, 2006

Pumpkin Roll with Cram Cheese Filling




Here's Laura's Pumpkin Roll recipe, she makes if every year. I asked her to write the recipe on here, because I don't think i could explain it all. I love these, I can never get enough

Hey all,
Ingredients:
-3 eggs
-1 cup Sugar
-2/3 Cup of Pumpkin
-1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
-2 teaspoons Cinnamon
-1 teaspoon Ginger
-1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
-1/2 teaspoon salt
Filling:
-8 oz Cream cheese-softend
-4 Tablespoons Butter-or margerine (not softened)
-1 Cup Powdered Sugar
-1/2 teaspoon Vanilla

Preparation:
In large bowl, combine eggs and sugar, beating well. Add pumpkin and lemon juice, mixing until blended.
In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, spices and salt. Add to egg mixture, mixing well. Spread batter into greased and waxed-paper lined 10-by-15-inch jelly-roll pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool for 15 minutes. Place cake on clean tea towel or dish towel sprinkled liberally with powdered sugar. Cool for 10 minutes longer. From 10-inch side, roll cake up in towel. set aside. or put in fridge.
While cake is cooling in towel, prepare filling. Beat together cream cheese and butter; stir in powdered sugar and vanilla and blend until smooth.
Unroll cake. Evenly spread filling over cake. Roll up cake (without towel). Wrap in plastic wrap. I usually cut the roll in half first. Then put tin foil over the plastic wrap. Cover and chill at least one hour. I put mine directly into the freezer, i think it taste better frozen.

The cake can be alter to be healthier by using honey, but I wouldn't recommend tampering with the filling, except for maybe less sugar if you'd like.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Rhiens said...

I love pumpkin rolls! I have never been brave enough to try one though. Maybe I'll give it a try between now and Christmas...except I am afraid that I would single handedly eat the whole thing.

Mom Rhien

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home