Sunday, November 12, 2006

"Holiday Tree"



We decided to call our Christmas tree our "holiday tree" for now - not to be politically correct, but because some people have given us a hard time for setting it up so early. We've had it up for about a week now. Nicole actually wanted to set it up before Halloween, but I put my foot down on that one. There's just something special about the mood Christmas tree lights create. We will put our Christmas decorations/ornaments up on or after Thanksgiving & probably post another picture then.

The moral of the story: if you're in the mood to set up your Christmas tree now... don't worry about what others say, and just set it up NOW :)

We've also been listening to the new Gladys Knight & the Saints United Voices CD. When I was visiting Salt Lake, our school group visited the Deseret Book corporate headquarters, and they gave us each a little gift bag which included this great CD!

Anyway, we're excited to share this Christmas blog with all of you. It should be a lot of fun!

Love, Paul & Nicole

P.S. I'm also willing to help anyone who can't figure Blogger out... (208) 403-9249

3 Comments:

Blogger The Rhiens said...

Yay! The blog posting has begun! I am excited to see how this goes. I hope that everyone will participate and we will be able to feel closer this Christmas. It will be fun to see what everyone adds.

One year we put one of our trees up at the beginning of November. We put the lights on it and draped some pretty fall ribbon around it. And then I got some turkey and leaf die cuts in fall colors and put them in a basket under the tree, along with some pens and some pieces of raffia. And when we would go by the tree we would stop and write something that we were thankful for on one of the cutouts and then hang it from the tree with the raffia. Then on Thanksgiving morning, while the turkey was cooking we took them all off and read the things we were thankful, and counted our blessings. Then after Thanksgiving the tree was already up and ready to decorate. We had fun with that tradition.

Let's all who would like to find a way to count and record our blessings this year, as we head into the Thanksgiving season.

Thanks for sharing, guys!

Love, Earlene, Scott and Julia

6:25 PM  
Blogger jed-laura said...

cool tree!
I was just thinking yesterday that we have no tree now that we gave your tree back to you.

We'll have to either get a live tree, or invest in a fake tree this year. I think we would put our tree up soon if we had one :)

We love you guys.-
Jed, Laura, and Alli

7:10 AM  
Blogger jed-laura said...

So, no little turkey cutouts and raffia here, but I'm up for listing my blessings:
Living in a beautiful place that suits me--all the fresh food, the politics, S and I being able to live our life outloud
My loving and welcoming families
Work that satisfies me with cool people--and work that leaves the world a better place
Beauty, art, creativity, painting, silk
My sweet loving home
Our kitties
Our friends
My essentially sturdy body
Having lived such a full and interesting life
Hawaii
chocolate
Plants that bloom all year
my connection to the spiritual
Music
Having fun!
Birds
A life full of loving and being loved.

Cheers to you all, Sandra

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home